Search This Blog

Sunday, October 25, 2009

How To: Make Your Own Version of "Flower Soft" For Next To Nothing!

Hi everyone :)

One of things I will do through this Blog is show you awesome ways to save money in your crafting.

This is something I found only a few days ago, and it's something I wish I knew before spending far too many dollars!

Have you heard of "Flower Soft"? It's an incredible product. Yes, I have every single colour in my personal stash, and I get so many lovely comments on projects, especially cards, that I embellish with it.

Not only do I have the "real deal" product, but now I can also make my own custom colours for a fraction of the price. Best of all, when I put the two different items next to each other, I can't tell the difference. Neither can anyone else for that matter.

So, what do you need to make it? Styrofoam and colouring of your choice ie re-inkers, food colouring etc. You won't need any tools at all, so anyone can do this.

Anyway, here's a video showing how to make it. I'm not going to re-invent the wheel by making my own video when someone has already done a brilliant job of it lol.



Happy crafting!


Deb and Lily
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! Now do you know how many balls it would take to make say a 5gram bag?

    I also like the idea of making your own colours...how many times do you want something that just isn't in the correct shade?

    Like to hear from anyone that has tried out this new method.

    Hugs Sylvia

    ReplyDelete